Sunday, March 28, 2010

Just Blaze Appreciation: Ghostface Killah - "The Champ"

In the same vein as Premo Appreciation, this feature will pay tribute to the amazing production styles of Just Blaze, another one of my favourite Hip Hop producers of all time. In case you don't know, Just Blaze was behind such popular hits as T.I.'s "Live Your Life" and Kanye West's "Touch The Sky", so you may already be a fan of his work whether you know it or not.

I'm gonna start off this feature with a track that best demonstrates what Just Blaze is all about: insane, mind-blowing beats! "The Champ" by Ghostface Killah is exactly that. It might have something to do with it's Rocky-type theme, but if you don't feel like punching the nearest person in the FACE when you hear it, there must be something wrong with you. This is definitely my fight song, because it always gets me fired up whenever I listen to it. In fact, I'm getting fired up just thinking about it. JUST BLAAAZE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment