Saturday, March 27, 2010

Song Of The Day: "Hellbound"

The next instalment in my Song Of The Day feature had to come from Eminem, because he is definitely my favourite emcee of all time. Now most people are familiar with Eminem and know quite a few of his songs, so I dug deep for this one and pulled out what is probably the best Eminem song that no one has ever heard. I'm sure that die hard fans will already know and love this song, but the rest of you are in for a real treat.

The song is called "Hellbound," and appearing alongside Eminem are J. Black and Masta Ace. OK, so I'll admit, I have no idea who J. Black is (and I can't be bothered doing the research), but I am familiar with Masta Ace. In fact, Masta Ace is one of the main influences on Eminem's rapping style, and that's according to Eminem himself, but on this track, it is clear that the student has far surpassed the "Masta". Eminem turns in one of the best verses of his entire career, and his two guests follow up with solid verses of their own. The beat sounds like something out of a video game like Mortal Kombat or Street Fighter, which suits the lyrics perfectly. OK, now that I've got you all excited, time to listen to the song. Enjoy!

Favourite line: I can't pick one because everything Eminem spits on this track is FIRE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment