Monday, March 29, 2010

Song Of The Day: "Notorious Thugs"

It's time to introduce The Notorious B.I.G. to my blog, a Hip Hop legend taken from the world long before his time. In fact, if he were still alive today, Biggie would only be 38 this year. To put that into perspective, Jay-Z has already hit 40 while Eminem is turning 38, the same age as Big would have been. Imagine all the great music he would have made in the 13 years since his death. But this post is about the great music that he DID make, and today I've chosen one of my favourite songs called "Notorious Thugs" featuring Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.

This is one of the first Hip Hop songs I ever loved, and it also introduced me to Bone Thugs-N-Harmony, who I became very obsessed with because of this track. Bone Thugs are all about their rapid-fire, machine-gun flow, and they demonstrate that very well in this song. The great thing is that Biggie changed up his own flow to suit the Bone Thug style and the result was one of the greatest sounding verses of his career. This song is in my top 10 most played tracks on iTunes because I used to listen to it on repeat for hours at a time. Do yourselves a favour and give it at least one listen, in honour of The Notorious B.I.G., one of the greatest emcees to ever pick up the mic. Enjoy!

Favourite line: "Squeeze your clip, hit the right one. Pass that weed, I got to light one. All them n*ggas, I got to fight one. All them hoes, I got to like one."

No comments:

Post a Comment