Saturday, March 27, 2010

Premo Appreciation: Reks - "Say Goodnight"

You may notice as I continue my blog, that I'm a massive fan of DJ Premier. He is responsible for making some of the greatest beats in Hip Hop history, and he continues to make instant classics to this day. That's why I've started a feature called Premo Appreciation, where I can post my favourite Premier-produced tracks for y'all to listen to. As I've already posted two of my favourite Premo songs on the blog already, with "Boom" by Royce da 5'9" and "Nas Is Like" by Nas (check those out if you haven't already), my third track will come from an up-and-coming emcee by the name of Reks.

Premo and Reks came together back in 2008 to create a song called "Say Goodnight," and the track turned out to be one of the hottest songs of the year. Premier blessed Reks with a magical beat and Reks matched it every step of the way with 3 verses full of raw hunger and passion. I bumped this tune for months after I first heard it and I hope you will all do the same. Enjoy!

Favourite line: "They want me to say, 'Fuck who in the game, if you the best rapper alive, then Reks INSANE!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment